- A technique in motorsports in which the driver briefly oversteers at the start of a turn, causing the rear of the vehicle to enter a controlled lateral skid until the turn is complete.
- A competitive sport based on this technique.
- Moving aimlessly or at the mercy of external forces.
- The drifting seaweed went where ever the currents pushed it.
(countable and uncountable, plural driftings)
- (motorsports) A driving technique where the driver intentionally oversteers, causing loss of traction in the rear wheels, while maintaining control from entry to exit of a corner.
- The act by which something drifts.
- Present participle of drift.