This woman is afloat.
- Afloat is defined as having enough financial resources for your needs.
Finding investors to keep a business from failing is an example of keeping a business afloat.
- The definition of afloat refers to something that stays on the surface of the water and does not sink.
A person who is treading water is an example of a person who is staying afloat.
- floating freely; not grounded; esp., floating on the surface; not sinking
- on board ship; at sea
- flooded: the lower deck is afloat
- drifting about
- in circulation; current: rumors are afloat
- free of trouble, debt, etc., esp. with effort: he kept the business afloat
- In a floating position or condition.
- On a boat or ship away from the shore; at sea.
- In circulation; prevailing: Rumors are afloat.
- Awash; flooded.
- Drifting about; moving without guidance.
- Free or out of difficulty, especially financial difficulty: couldn't keep the business afloat.