- just above the surface of the water so that breakers, tide, etc. flow over
- floating on the water
- flooded with water
- a. Washed by the sea.b. Washing about.
- In such a position or way as to be covered with or as if with water.
- Level with or washed by waves.
- Overflowing with or as if with water: “Machines like Watson will be awash in new and rising rivers of data” (Stephen Baker).
- Floating on or as if on waves.
A river of eastern Ethiopia flowing about 1,200 km (750 mi) northeast to the Danakil Desert.