awash definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- just above the surface of the water so that breakers, tide, etc. flow over
- floating on the water
- flooded with water
awash definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Washed by the sea.b. Washing about.
- In such a position or way as to be covered with or as if with water.
- Level with or washed by waves.
- Overflowing with or as if with water: “Some of America's big cities are awash in vacant office space” (Ross K. Baker).
- Floating on or as if on waves.