- Often or habitually roaming; wandering.
- Extended over an irregular area; sprawling: a large rambling country estate.
- Lengthy and digressive: a rambling speech.
- Present participle of ramble.
Variant of ramble
intransitive verbrambled, rambling
- to roam about; esp., to walk or stroll about idly, without any special goal
- to talk or write aimlessly, without connection of ideas
- to grow or spread in all directions, as a vine
Origin of ramblevariant, variety of Middle English romblen, frequentative of romen, to roam
to roam through
a rambling; esp., an aimless stroll