- Often or habitually roaming; wandering.
- Extended over an irregular area; sprawling: a large rambling country estate.
- Lengthy and digressive: a rambling speech.
- ramˈbling·ly adverb
Variant of ramble
- to roam about; esp., to walk or stroll about idly, without any special goal
- to talk or write aimlessly, without connection of ideas
- to grow or spread in all directions, as a vine
Origin: var. of Middle English romblen, frequentative of romen, to roam
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.