- An example of discursive is an essay by a fourth grader that doesn't have good transitions.
- An example of discursive is a novel with an excessive amount of character and scenic development.
- wandering from one topic to another; skimming over many apparently unconnected subjects; rambling; desultory; digressive
- based on the conscious use of reasoning rather than on intuition
Origin of discursiveMedieval Latin discursivus ; from Classical Latin discursus: see discourse
- Covering a wide field of subjects; rambling.
- Proceeding to a conclusion through reason rather than intuition.
Origin of discursiveMedieval Latin discurs&imacron;vus, from Latin discursus, running about; see discourse.
(comparative more discursive, superlative most discursive)
From Middle French discursif