- The definition of melodious is something that is pleasant sounding.
A beautiful and tuneful singing voice is an example of a melodious singing voice.
melodious definition by Webster's New World
- containing or producing melody
- pleasing to hear; sounding sweet; tuneful
Origin: Old French melodieus
melodious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or containing a pleasing succession of sounds; tuneful.
- Agreeable to hear: a melodious voice; the melodious song of a bird.
- me·loˈdi·ous·ly adverb
- me·loˈdi·ous·ness noun