- The definition of choral is something associated with singing or something composed for or sung by a choir.
A hymn that is composed in order to be sung by a church choir is an example of something that would be described as choral.
choral definition by Webster's New World
- chorally adverb
choral definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to a chorus or choir.
- Performed or written for performance by a chorus.
Origin: Medieval Latin chorālis, from chorus, choral dance, from Latin; see chorus.
- choˈral·ly adverb
Variant of chorale
- a hymn tune, esp. in the Lutheran service, with a simple melody and rhythm
- a choral or instrumental composition based on such a tune
- a group of singers; choir or chorus
Origin: ; from German choral (gesang), choral (song), hymn