A hymn that is composed in order to be sung by a church choir is an example of something that would be described as choral.
Origin of choralFrench
- Of or relating to a chorus or choir.
- Performed or written for performance by a chorus.
Origin of choralMedieval Latin chorālis, from chorus, choral dance, from Latin; see chorus.
- variant spelling of chorale
Variant of chorale
- a hymn tune, esp. in the Lutheran service, with a simple melody and rhythm
- a choral or instrumental composition based on such a tune
- a group of singers; choir or chorus
Origin of chorale; from German choral (gesang), choral (song), hymn