- Presentation is defined as the act of formally giving something to someone or of formally demonstrating or showing something.
- An example of presentation is when an assembly is hosted to give out an award.
- An example of presentation is the pleasant way food is arranged on a plate.
- An example of presentation is when a salesman holds a conference to show all his clients a cool new product.
presentation definition by Webster's New World
- a presenting or being presented
- something that is presented; specif.,
- a performance, as of a play
- a gift
- Commerce presentment
- the naming of a clergyman to a benefice
- a request to the bishop to institute the clergyman named
- Med. the position of the fetus in the uterus at the time of delivery, with reference to the part presenting itself at the mouth of the uterus: an arm or breech presentation
- Philos., Psychol.
- anything present in the consciousness at a single moment as an actual sensation or a mental image
- anything known by sense perception rather than by description; percept
Origin: Middle English ; from Middle French presentacion ; from Late Latin praesentatio ; from praesentare: see present,
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- presentational adjective
presentation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a. The act of presenting.b. The state of being presented.
- A performance, as of a drama.
- a. Something, such as an award or gift, that is offered or given.b. Something, such as a lecture or speech, that is set forth for an audience: gave a presentation on drug abuse.
- a. A formal introduction.b. A social debut.
- Ecclesiastical The act or right of naming a cleric to a benefice.
- The process of offering for consideration or display.
- Medicine The position of the fetus in the uterus at birth with respect to the mouth of the uterus.
- presˌen·taˈtion·al adjective
presentation - Computer Definition
presentation - Medical Definition
- The act of presenting.
- The position of the fetus in the uterus at the beginning of labor, described in terms of the part that emerges or is felt first.
- The part of the fetal body in advance during birth.