- The definition of an offering is something that is given or presented.
- An example of an offering is money given to a church.
- An example of an offering is an animal sacrificed in a religious ceremony.
- An example of an offering is something presented for sale such as a stock offering.
A person making an offering in church.
offering definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of making an offer
- something offered; specif.,
- a gift or contribution
- presentation in worship; oblation
- ☆ something offered for sale
- a theatrical presentation
offering definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of making an offer.
- Something, such as stock, that is offered.
- A presentation made to a deity as an act of religious worship or sacrifice; an oblation.
- A contribution or gift, especially one made at a religious service.