- the act of making an offer
- something offered; specif.,
- a gift or contribution
- presentation in worship; oblation
- something offered for sale
- a theatrical presentation
A person making an offering in church.
- An example of an offering is money given to a church.
- An example of an offering is an animal sacrificed in a religious ceremony.
- An example of an offering is something presented for sale such as a stock offering.
The definition of an offering is something that is given or presented.
- The act of making an offer.
- Something, such as stock, that is offered.
- A presentation made to a deity as an act of religious worship or sacrifice; an oblation.
- A contribution or gift, especially one made at a religious service.
- Present participle of offer.
- To be fair, his father hadn't made things any better by offering money to Alex and not his sister.
- Now he was offering her a job taking care of his family?
- He is offering you a deal, he said slowly.
- You are offering me a deal.
- "Sean," Alex repeated, offering a hand.