- The definition of a contribution is something that you give or something that you do that helps in achieving an end result.
- An example of a contribution is when you donate $10 to charity.
- An example of a contribution is when you come up with a great idea that helps to create a cool finished product.
- the act of contributing
- something contributed, as money to a charity or a poem to a magazine
- a special levy or tax
- Archaic a levy for supporting an army in the field
Origin of contributionMiddle English contribucioun ; from Old French contribution ; from Classical Latin contributio
- The act of contributing.
- Something contributed.
- A payment exacted for a special purpose; an impost or a levy.
- An article or other work submitted for publication.
From Old French contribution, from Latin contributionem, from contribuere.
contribution - Legal Definition
- The right of a debtor who has paid the entirety of a debt owed by her and others to recover the others’ proportionate share of the debt.
- The right of a joint tortfeasor who has paid more than her proportionate share of a judgment to recover the amount in excess of her share from the other tortfeasors.
- The right of a joint tortfeasor to demand that the other tortfeasors supply their proportionate share of what is required to compensate the injured party.
- A payment made by a co-debtor or joint tortfeasor of her proportionate share of what is due. See also indemnity.