- The definition of a handout is written material given to inform or provide additional information, or a gift of food, money or clothing given for free to people or organizations.
- A worksheet that a teacher provides with details on the day's lesson is an example of a handout.
- Food stamps and welfare money given for free to someone are an example of a handout.
- a gift of food, clothing, etc., as to a beggar
- a pamphlet, leaflet, etc. handed out as for publicity or information
- news release
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Food, clothing, or money given to the needy.
- A folder or leaflet circulated free of charge.
- A sheet or sheets of paper containing topical information, distributed to people attending a speech, lecture, or meeting.
- A prepared news or publicity release.