- a giving or handing over; transfer
- a distributing, as of goods or mail
- a giving birth; childbirth
- any giving or sending forth
- the act or manner of giving a speech, striking a blow, throwing a ball, etc.
- something delivered or to be delivered, as mail, goods, a pitched ball, etc.
- Now Rare a setting free, or rescuing
- the irrevocable transfer of a deed or other instrument of conveyance
- the transfer of goods or interest in goods from one person to another
Origin of deliveryMiddle English deliveri from Old French delivré, past participle of délivrer: see deliver