- The definition of a rendition is an interpretation or translation of something.
An example of a rendition is a remake of a Christmas carol which was previously sung by a famous singer.
- ☆ a performance or interpretation (of a piece of music, a role, etc.)
- a translation or version
- Archaic a surrender, as of a fugitive slave
Origin: MFr, altered (infl. by rendre, to render) from Classical Latin redditio (from past participle of reddere): see render
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of rendering.
- An interpretation of a musical score or a dramatic piece.
- A performance of a musical or dramatic work.
- A translation, often interpretive.
- A surrender.
Origin: Obsolete French, from Old French rendre, to give back; see render.