- Execution is defined as the process of putting someone to death, or the way a plan is carried out.
- An example of an execution is delivering a lethal injection to a convicted criminal.
- An example of an execution is the way that a project will be completed.
- the act of executing; specif.,
- a carrying out, doing, producing, etc.
- a putting to death as in accordance with a legally imposed sentence
- the manner of doing or producing something, as of performing a piece of music or a role in a play
- Archaic effective action, esp. of a destructive nature
- a writ or order, issued by a court, giving authority to put a judgment into effect
- the legal method afforded for the enforcement of a judgment of a court
- the act of carrying out the provisions of such a writ or order
- the making valid of a legal instrument, as by signing, sealing, and delivering
Origin of executionMiddle English execucion ; from Anglo-French ; from Old French execution ; from Classical Latin executio, exsecutio: see executor
- a. The act of executing something.b. The state of being executed.
- The manner, style, or result of performance: The plan was sound; its execution, faulty.
- The act or an instance of putting to death or being put to death as a lawful penalty.
- Law a. The carrying into effect of a court judgment.b. A writ empowering an officer to enforce a judgment.
- Archaic Effective, punitive, or destructive action.
- The act, manner or style of executing (actions, maneuvers, performances).
- The state of being executed (accomplished).
- The battle plan was successfully executed.
- The act of putting to death or being put to death as a penalty, or actions so associated.
- (law) The carrying into effect of a court judgment, or of a will.
- (law) The formal process by which a contract is made valid and put into binding effect.
- (computing) The carrying out of an instruction, program or program segment by a computer.
- The entire machine slowed down during the execution of the virus checker.
- Whenever the matrix inversion function executed the program crashed.