- attached to something overhead and not supported from below; suspended; pendulous
- designed for objects to be hung on
- leaning over; inclining; overhanging
- located on a steep slope or slant
- deserving, causing, or inclined to impose the death penalty
- designating or of indention in which the first line of a paragraph touches the left margin, the other lines being indented beneath it
- not yet decided; unsettled
- Archaic downcast
- a suspending or being suspended
- a putting to death by hanging
- something hung on a wall, window, etc., as a drapery or tapestry
See hanging in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Execution on a gallows.
- Something, such as a tapestry, that is hung.
- A descending slope or an inclination.
- Situated on a sharp declivity.
- Projecting downward; overhanging.
- Suited for holding something that hangs.
a. Deserving death by hanging: a hanging crime.
b. Disposed to inflict severe sentences, such as death by hanging: a hanging judge.
Learn more about hanging