- Present participle of forget.
- The mental act by which something is forgotten.
Variant of forget
transitive verbforgot, forgotten or forgot, forgetting
- to lose (facts, knowledge, etc.) from the mind; fail to recall; be unable to remember
- to fail to do, bring, etc. as because of carelessness; overlook, omit, or neglect unintentionally: don't forget to write
- to overlook, omit, or neglect intentionally: let's forget our differences
Origin of forgetMiddle English forgeten ; from Old English forgietan (see for- and amp; get): origin, originally sense, to fail to hold
to forget things; be forgetful
never mind!it doesn't matter!
- to think only of others; be altruistic or unselfish
- to behave in an improper or unseemly manner