- The definition of a collection is a group of things or people gathered together.
An example of a collection is someone gathering together five hundred baseball cards.
- the act or process of collecting
- things collected, specif., as in a hobby: a collection of stamps
- a mass or pile; accumulation
- money collected, as during a church service
Origin: Middle English collecioun ; from Classical Latin collectio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or process of collecting.
- A group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together.
- A line of products produced for one season, as those developed by a designer: promoted the summer collection in the store window.
- An accumulation; a deposit: a collection of dust on the piano.
- a. A collecting of money, as in church.b. The sum so collected.