An accumulation of coins has been found under the sofa cushion.
- An example of accumulation is the process of gathering up all of the coins in the couch.
- An example of accumulation is the collection of coins you keep on your dresser.
- an accumulating or being accumulated; collection
- accumulated or collected material; heap
- the addition to capital of interest or profits
- The act of gathering or amassing, as into a heap or pile: “Little things grew by continual accumulation” (Samuel Johnson).
- The process of growing into a large amount or heap: the steady accumulation of knowledge.
- An amount that has accumulated or been accumulated: an accumulation of debt.
- The act of amassing or gathering, as into a pile.
- The process of growing into a heap or a large amount.
- an accumulation of earth, of sand, of evils, of wealth, of honors.
- A mass of something piled up or collected.
- (law) The concurrence of several titles to the same proof.
- (accounting) The continuous growth of capital by retention of interest or savings.
- (finance) The action of investors buying an asset from other investors when the price of the asset is low.
- First attested in the late 15th century.
- accumulate + -tion