- Production is the process of making, harvesting or creating something or the amount of something that was made or harvested.
- An example of production is the creation of furniture.
- An example of production is harvesting corn to eat.
- An example of production is the amount of corn produced.
- The definition of a production is a theatrical performance or a piece of music.
An example of a production is a play.
- the act or process of producing
- the rate of producing or amount produced
- something produced; product
- a work of art, literature, etc.
- a work produced on the stage, as a film, etc.
- the making of a film or video, specif., the phase involving actual shooting
- Econ. the creation of economic value; producing of goods and services
Origin of productionLate Middle English ; from Middle French ; from Classical Latin productio
make a production (out) of⌂
- a. The act or process of producing: timber used for the production of lumber and paper.b. The fact or process of being produced: a movie going into production.
- The creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services.
- The total output, as of a commodity: increased production at the plant.
- Something produced; a product: “Of all the productions of land, milk is perhaps the most perishable” (Adam Smith).
- a. A work of art or literature.b. A work produced for the stage, screen, television, or radio.c. A staging or presentation of a theatrical work: a new Broadway production of a musical.
- A situation or display that is exaggerated or unduly complicated: made a production out of the birthday party.
- The act of producing, making or creating something. [from 15th c.]
- The widget making machine is being used for production now.
- The act of bringing something forward, out etc. for use or consideration. [from 15th c.]
- the act of being produced
- The widgets are coming out of production now.
- the total amount produced
- They hope to increase spaghetti production next year.
- the presentation of a theatrical work
- We went to a production of Hamlet.
- an occasion or activity made more complicated than necessary
- He made a simple meal into a huge production.
- that which is manufactured or is ready for manufacturing in volume (as opposed to a prototype or conceptual model)
- This is the final production model.
- The act of lengthening out or prolonging.
production - Legal Definition