- Output is defined as the act of producing something, the amount of something that is produced or the process in which something is delivered.
- An example of output is the electricity produced by a power plant.
- An example of output is producing 1,000 cases of a product.
- An example of output when you deliver information on a disk or tape.
- Output is to produce, deliver, broadcast or supply something.
An example of output is when a TV broadcasts a program.
- the work done or amount produced by a person, machine, production line, manufacturing plant, etc., esp. over a given period
- the act of producing
- information, resulting from computer processing, that is delivered to a user, as a printout or video display, or transferred to disk or tape
- the act or process of delivering or transferring this information
- the useful voltage, current, or power delivered by amplifiers, generators, receivers, etc. or by a circuit
- the terminal where such energy is delivered
- a. An amount produced or manufactured during a certain time.b. The energy, power, or work produced by a system.c. Computers The information produced by a program or process from a specific input.
- The act or process of producing; production.
- Intellectual or creative production: literary output; artistic output.
transitive verbout·put·ted or out·put, out·put·ting, out·puts
(countable and uncountable, plural outputs)
(third-person singular simple present outputs, present participle outputting, simple past and past participle output or outputted)
output - Computer Definition
(1) Any computer-generated information displayed on screen, printed on paper or in machine readable form, such as disk and tape.
(2) To transfer or transmit from the computer to a peripheral device or communications line.