- the act of turning out
- a gathering of people, as for a meeting
- the number of people who assemble for, or participate in, some event or activity: a high turnout of voters
- an amount produced; output
- a wider part of a narrow road, enabling vehicles to pass one another
- an exit road
- a railroad siding
- a carriage with its horse or horses
- a set of clothes; costume
- Ballet a position in which the legs are turned outward, with the feet pointed in opposite directions
- The number of people who participate in a particular event or activity: The peace march attracted a large turnout. Shopper turnout was enormous.
- A number of things produced; output.
- The act or an instance of turning out: her quick turnout of another novel.
- Chiefly British a. A labor strike.b. A laborer on strike.
- An outfit or array of equipment, especially that worn by a fire fighter.
- An outfit of a carriage with its horse or horses; equipage.
- A railroad siding.
- A widening in a highway to allow vehicles to pass or park.
- The rotation of a dancer's legs from the hip sockets.