- The definition of an outfit is a set of clothes that are worn together, or a group of people.
- An example of an outfit is a child's snow clothes.
- An example of an outfit is an Army unit.
- Outfit is defined as to provide with or get clothes.
An example of to outfit is to purchase clothing needed for a camping trip.
Children wearing outfits appropriate for playing in the snow.
outfit definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a set of articles for fitting out, or equipping
- the equipment used in any craft or activity; paraphernalia: a mason's outfit, camping outfit
- ☆ articles of clothing worn together; ensemble: a fall outfit
- ☆ a group of people associated in some undertaking or activity, as a military unit, business, ranch, etc.
- a fitting out; equipping
to obtain an outfit
outfit definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A set of tools or equipment for a specialized purpose: a welder's outfit. See Synonyms at equipment.
- A set of clothing, often with accessories.
- Informal An association of persons, especially a military unit or a business organization.
- The act of equipping.
To provide with necessary equipment: This store outfits skiers. See Synonyms at furnish.
- outˈfitˌter noun