Children wearing outfits appropriate for playing in the snow.
- The definition of an outfit is a set of clothes that are worn together, or a group of people.
- An example of an outfit is a child's snow clothes.
- An example of an outfit is an Army unit.
- Outfit is defined as to provide with or get clothes.
An example of to outfit is to purchase clothing needed for a camping trip.
- a set of articles for fitting out, or equipping
- the equipment used in any craft or activity; paraphernalia: a mason's outfit, camping outfit
- articles of clothing worn together; ensemble: a fall outfit
- a group of people associated in some undertaking or activity, as a military unit, business, ranch, etc.
- a fitting out; equipping
transitive verb-·fit·ted, -·fit·ting
- A set of tools or equipment for a specialized purpose: a welder's outfit. See Synonyms at equipment.
- A set of clothing, often with accessories: What outfit are you wearing to the party?
- Informal An association of persons, especially a military unit or a business organization.
- The act of equipping: the leader's outfit of the expedition.
transitive verbout·fit·ted, out·fit·ting, out·fits
- A set of clothing (with accessories).
- She wore a fashionable outfit with matching purse and shoes.
- gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
- Any cohesive group of people; a unit; such as a military company.
- (informal) A business or firm.
- Should we buy it here, or do you think the outfit across town will have a better deal?
- (sports) A sports team
(third-person singular simple present outfits, present participle outfitting, simple past and past participle outfitted)
- To provide with, usually for a specific purpose.
- "The expedition was outfitted with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"