- The definition of garb is clothing style, or outward appearance.
An example of garb is the clothes worn by a fireman.
- Garb is defined as to dress someone.
An example of garb is to put clothes on a baby.
A man in firefighters garb.
garb definition by Webster's New World
- clothing; manner or style of dress, esp. as characteristic of an occupation, profession, or rank: clerical garb
- external form or appearance
- Obsolete style; manner
Origin: Old French garbe, gracefulness ; from Italian garbo, elegance ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Germanic an unverified form garwī from source Old High German gar(a)wen, to prepare, dress, ornament
garb definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A distinctive style or form of clothing; dress: clerical garb.
- An outward appearance; a guise: presented their radical ideas in the garb of moderation.
Origin: Obsolete French garbe, grace, from Italian garbo, from garbare, to please, of Germanic origin.