Origin of raimentMiddle English rayment, aphetic for arayment: see array and -ment
Raiment is the clothes in this closet.
Raiment is clothing.
The shirts, pants and dresses in your closet are an example of raiment.
Origin of raimentMiddle English short for araiment from Old French areement array from areer, arrayer to array ; see array .
- God will give food and raiment to those who are seeking His kingdom.
- Yet men imagine gods to be born, and to have raiment and voice and body, like themselves..
- According to E, Moses with Aaron is to demand from Pharaoh the release of Israel, which will be effected in spite of his opposition; in assurance thereof the promise is given that they shall serve God upon this mountain; moreover, the people on their departure are to borrow raiment and jewels from their Egyptian neighbours.
- New light, however, has been thrown upon the "intellectual" capacity of Crustacea by the proof that the spider-crabs deliberately use changes of raiment to harmonize with their surroundings, donning and doffing various natural objects as we do our manufactured clothes.
- 6, 8-10, in which the righteous should be clothed in "the raiment of God's glory," xxii.