(third-person singular simple present turns over, present participle turning over, simple past and past participle turned over)
- Used other than as an idiom: see turn,"Ž over.
- To flip over; to rotate uppermost to bottom.
- Turn over the box and look at the bottom.
- (idiomatic) To relinquish; give back.
- They turned over the evidence to the authorities.
- (idiomatic) To transfer.
- (idiomatic) To produce, complete, or cycle through.
- They can turn over about three hundred units per hour.
- To mull, ponder
- (intransitive) To spin the crankshaft of an internal combustion engine using the starter or hand crank in an attempt to make it run.
- (sports) To give up control (of the ball and thus the ability to score).
- The Giants didn't turn the ball over in their last four games.