- the act of achieving
- a thing achieved, esp. by skill, work, courage, etc.; feat
- coat of arms
The definition of an achievement is something that is accomplished, particularly by great effort, courage or special skills.
Moving quickly up the ladder at a prestigious company is an example of an achievement.
- The process of achieving something: She devoted her life to the achievement of voting rights for women.
- Something that has been achieved, especially by means of skill or perseverance: The discovery of antibiotics is one of the great achievements of modern medicine. See Synonyms at feat1.
- The act of achieving or performing; an obtaining by exertion; successful performance; accomplishment; as, the achievement of his/her object.
- A great or heroic deed; something accomplished by valor, boldness, or praiseworthy exertion; a feat.
- (heraldry) An escutcheon or ensign armorial; now generally applied to the funeral shield commonly called hatchment. - Cussans
- (video games) An award for completing a particular task or meeting an objective.
- Finishing the game does not give you a 100% score until you have unlocked all of the achievements.
- His greatest achievements were his children.
- His great achievement was the History of Germany in the Nineteenth Century.
- Government is a great achievement of civilization.
- Of these plans he had not merely one or two in his head but dozens, some only beginning to form themselves, some approaching achievement, and some in course of disintegration.
- It was as if she wanted to show him that his losses were an achievement that made her love him all the more, but Nicholas now considered himself unworthy of her.