narration[na rā′s̸hən, nə-]
- The definition of a narration is reading a story or telling a story with images.
An example of narration is a parent reading a bed time story to their child.
Daddy provides the narration for his child's bedtime story.
- the act or process of narrating; the telling of a story or of happenings
- a story or account; narrative
- writing or speaking that narrates, as history, biography, or fiction
Origin of narrationMiddle English narracion ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin narratio
- The act, process, or an instance of narrating.
- Narrated material.
- The act of recounting or relating in order the particulars of some action, occurrence, or affair; a narrating.
- That which is narrated or recounted; an orderly recital of the details and particulars of some transaction or event, or of a series of transactions or events; a story or narrative.
- (rhetoric) That part of an oration in which the speaker makes his or her statement of facts.