- The definition of a narration is reading a story or telling a story with images.
An example of narration is a parent reading a bed time story to their child.
Daddy provides the narration for his child's bedtime story.
narration definition by Webster's New World
- the act or process of narrating; the telling of a story or of happenings
- a story or account; narrative
- writing or speaking that narrates, as history, biography, or fiction
Origin: Middle English narracion ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin narratio
- narrational adjective
narration definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act, process, or an instance of narrating.
- Narrated material.
- nar·raˈtion·al adjective
- nar·raˈtion·al·ly adverb
narration - Cultural Definition
The recounting of an event or series of events; the act of telling a story.