- Repetition is the act of doing or saying something over and over and over again.
An example of repetition is someone constantly saying they are sorry.
Writing over and over on the board is repetition.
- the act of repeating; a doing or saying again, or again and again
- something repeated
- something made by repeating, as a copy or imitation
Origin of repetitionMiddle French repeticion ; from Classical Latin repetitio
- The act or process or an instance of repeating or being repeated.
- A recitation or recital, especially of prepared or memorized material.
Origin of repetitionMiddle English repeticioun, from Old French repeticion, from Latin repetītiō, repetītiōn-, from repetītus, past participle of repetere, to repeat; see repeat.
From Latin repetitionem (accusative singular of repetitio).
(third-person singular simple present repetitions, present participle repetitioning, simple past and past participle repetitioned)
- To petition again.
re- +â€Ž petition