- Repetition is the act of doing or saying something over and over and over again.
An example of repetition is someone constantly saying they are sorry.
Writing over and over on the board is repetition.
repetition definition by Webster's New World
- the act of repeating; a doing or saying again, or again and again
- something repeated
- something made by repeating, as a copy or imitation
Origin: Middle French repeticion ; from Classical Latin repetitio
repetition definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or process or an instance of repeating or being repeated.
- A recitation or recital, especially of prepared or memorized material.
Origin: Middle English repeticioun, from Old French repeticion, from Latin repetītiō, repetītiōn-, from repetītus, past participle of repetere, to repeat; see repeat.
- repˌe·tiˈtion·al adjective