Writing over and over on the board is repetition.
- Repetition is the act of doing or saying something over and over and over again.
An example of repetition is someone constantly saying they are sorry.
- the act of repeating; a doing or saying again, or again and again
- something repeated
- something made by repeating, as a copy or imitation
Origin of repetitionMiddle French repeticion ; from Classical Latin repetitio
- The act or process or an instance of repeating or being repeated.
- A recitation or recital, especially of prepared or memorized material.
Origin of repetitionMiddle English repeticioun, from Old French repeticion, from Latin repetītiō, repetītiōn-, from repetītus, past participle of repetere, to repeat; see repeat.
From Latin repetitionem (accusative singular of repetitio).
(third-person singular simple present repetitions, present participle repetitioning, simple past and past participle repetitioned)
- To petition again.
re- +"Ž petition