- a reduplicating or being reduplicated
- something produced by reduplicating, as a word containing a reduplicated element
- the element added in a reduplicated word form
Origin of reduplicationLate Latin reduplicatio
- The act of reduplicating or the state of being reduplicated.
- The product or result of reduplicating.
- Linguistics a. A word formed by or containing a reduplicated element.b. The added element in a word form that is reduplicated.
- (linguistics) The act of, or an instance of, reduplicating.
Here are examples of reduplication in English:
re- +"Ž duplication