- the state or quality of being like; similarity
- (the same) form or shape; semblance: Jupiter appeared in the likeness of a swan
- something that is like; copy, portrait, etc.
- The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.
- A similar appearance; a semblance.
- A pictorial, graphic, or sculptured representation of something; an image.
(third-person singular simple present likenesses, present participle likenessing, simple past and past participle likenessed)
- (archaic) To depict.
like +"Ž -ness; from Old English licnes, a shortening of gelicness. The verb is derived from the noun.