likeness definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state or quality of being like; similarity
- (the same) form or shape; semblance: Jupiter appeared in the likeness of a swan
- something that is like; copy, portrait, etc.
likeness definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The state, quality, or fact of being like; resemblance.
- An imitative appearance; a semblance.
- A pictorial, graphic, or sculptured representation of something; an image.