- Portrait is defined as the orientation of a page, where the longest side goes from top to bottom.
An example of portrait is when an image is taller than it is wide.
- The definition of a portrait is a drawn, painted or carved picture of the fact of something or someone.
An example of a portrait is the Mona Lisa painting.
- Obsolete a drawn, painted, or carved picture of something
- a representation of a person, esp. of the face, drawn, painted, photographed, or sculptured
- a description or dramatic portrayal of a person
Origin: MFr, past participle of portraire: see portray
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A likeness of a person, especially one showing the face, that is created by a painter or photographer, for example.
- A verbal picture or description, especially of a person.
Origin: French, from Old French, image, from past participle of portraire, to portray; see portray.
portrait - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.