- a horseshoe or quoit thrown so that it encircles the peg
- such a throw
- a person or thing that rings a bell, chime, etc.
- ☆ Slang
- a horse, player, etc. fraudulently entered, or substituted for another, in a competition
- any substitute
- a person or thing very closely resembling another
See ringer in American Heritage Dictionary 4
A horseshoe or quoit thrown so that it encircles the peg.
- One that rings, especially one that sounds a bell or chime.
- Slang A contestant entered dishonestly into a competition.
- Slang One who bears a striking resemblance to another: a ringer for his father.
Learn more about ringer