A woman painting in a field.
- the act or occupation of covering surfaces with paint
- the act, art, or occupation of applying paints to canvases, paper, etc. in producing pictures and compositions
- a picture or composition so painted
- The process, art, or occupation of coating surfaces with paint for a utilitarian or artistic effect.
- A picture or design in paint.
- Present participle of paint.
- (countable) An illustration or artwork done with the use of paint(s).
- (uncountable) The action of applying paint to a surface.
- Artistic painting often takes longer then utilitarian house - etc. painting.
- (uncountable) The same activity as an art form.
- Some artists excel in both painting and sculpture, like Michelangelo.