A woman painting in a field.
painting definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or occupation of covering surfaces with paint
- the act, art, or occupation of applying paints to canvases, paper, etc. in producing pictures and compositions
- a picture or composition so painted
painting definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The process, art, or occupation of coating surfaces with paint for a utilitarian or artistic effect.
- A picture or design in paint.