- a coat or layer over a surface: a coating of enamel
- cloth for making coats
- A layer of a substance spread over a surface as for protection or decoration; a covering layer.
- Cloth for making coats.
- His voice was the only thing that penetrated the haze coating her thoughts.
- The coating of earth over the Altis had an average depth of no less than 16 ft.
- This pan's nanite coating means to clean it, you just wipe it with a nanite rag that doesn't stain.
- The rocks of which these various monuments are composed is the ordinary granite of the district, and most of them present a strange appearance from their coating of white lichens.
- In the case of the charged Leyden jar, he asserted that the inner coating of tinfoil had received more than its ordinary quantity of electricity, and was therefore electrified positively, or plus, while the outer coating of tinfoil having had its ordinary quantity of electricity diminished, was electrified negatively, or minus.