- a. The act of encrusting.b. The state of being encrusted.
- A crust or coating: an incrustation of salt on the window.
- a. A decorative technique in which a contrasting material is applied to a surface as an inlay or overlay.b. A material so applied.
- Biology A coating of hardened exudate or other material on a body or body part; a scale or scab.
- The act of incrusting, or the state of being incrusted.
- A crust or hard coating of anything upon or within a body, as a deposit of lime, sediment, etc., from water on the inner surface of a steam boiler.
- A covering or inlaying of marble, mosaic, etc., attached to the masonry by cramp irons or cement.
- Anything inlaid or imbedded.