When you hire a professional painter to come paint a scene of the beach on your dining room wall, the resulting scene that is painted is an example of a mural.
- of, on, in, or for a wall
- like a wall
Origin of muralFrench from Classical Latin muralis, of a wall from murus: see munitions
- Of, relating to, or resembling a wall.
- Painted on or applied to a wall.
Origin of muralMiddle English of a wall from Old French from Latin mūrālis from mūrus wall
- A large painting, usually drawn on a wall.
- Of or relating to a wall; on, or in, or against a wall.
- a mural quadrant
- Resembling a wall; perpendicular or steep.
- a mural precipice