Holiday decorations brighten a table.
- The definition of a decoration is an item used to make a room or thing more beautiful, or a medal given as an awarding.
- An example of a decoration is putting a jack-o-lantern on a porch to show your love of Halloween.
- An example of a decoration is a medal awarded to a military officer.
- the act of decorating
- anything used for decorating; ornament
- a medal, badge, or similar token of honor
Origin of decorationMiddle English decoracioun ; from Old French decoration ; from Medieval Latin decoratio
- The act, process, technique, or art of decorating.
- Something used to decorate.
- An emblem of honor, such as a medal or badge.
- The act of adorning, embellishing, or honoring; ornamentation.
- That which adorns, enriches, or beautifies; something added by way of embellishment; ornament.
- Specifically, any mark of honor to be worn upon the person, as a medal, cross, or ribbon of an order of knighthood, bestowed for services in war, great achievements in literature, art, etc.