Melissa thought the severity of the punishment was extreme and unfair especially since it was the first time that she ever missed curfew.
An example of severity is a teenager being punished for coming home five minutes past their curfew.
- the quality or condition of being severe; specif.,
- strictness; harshness
- gravity, as of expression
- rigid accuracy
- extreme plainness or restraint, as in style
- keenness, as of pain; intensity
- rigorous or trying character
- pl. -·ties something severe, as a punishment
Origin of severityFrench sévérité from Classical Latin severitas
- The state or quality of being severe.
- The act or an instance of severe behavior, especially punishment.
severity - Computer Definition
The level assigned to an intrusion incident.