severity[sə ver′ə tē]
- Severity is being strict or harsh.
An example of severity is a teenager being punished for coming home five minutes past their curfew.
- the quality or condition of being severe; specif.,
- strictness; harshness
- gravity, as of expression
- rigid accuracy
- extreme plainness or restraint, as in style
- keenness, as of pain; intensity
- rigorous or trying character
- pl. severities something severe, as a punishment
Origin of severityFrench sévérité ; from Classical Latin severitas
- The state or quality of being severe.
- The act or an instance of severe behavior, especially punishment.
severity - Computer Definition
The level assigned to an intrusion incident.