Helping a fellow climbing up the rock is a kindness.
The definition of kindness is the act of being caring or warm in spirit.
An example of kindness is asking a lost person if they need directions.
- the state, quality, or habit of being kind
- a kind act or kindly treatment
- Archaic kind feeling; affection; goodwill
Origin of kindnessMiddle English kyndeness
- The quality or state of being kind.
- An instance of kind behavior: Your kindnesses won't be forgotten.
(countable and uncountable, plural kindnesses)
From kind + -ness