- The definition of kindness is the act of being caring or warm in spirit.
An example of kindness is asking a lost person if they need directions.
Helping a fellow climbing up the rock is a kindness.
kindness definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the state, quality, or habit of being kind
- a kind act or kindly treatment
- Archaic kind feeling; affection; goodwill
Origin: Middle English kyndeness
kindness definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The quality or state of being kind.
- An instance of kind behavior: I will always remember your many kindnesses to me.