The definition of Christian is something related to the teachings of Jesus Christ or related to the practice of following Jesus Christ.adjective
Acts of charity that are commonly done by people who follow the teachings of Jesus Christ are examples of something that would be described as Christian.
A Christian is defined as a person who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ and who has accepted Christ as his/her savior.noun
The pope is an example of a Christian.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a person professing belief in Jesus as the Christ, or in the religion based on the teachings of Jesus
- a masculine name: dim. Chris; fem. Christina, Christine
- Informal a decent, respectable person
Origin: ME & OE cristen < LL(Ec) Christianus < Gr christianos, a Christian < christos (see Christ); mod. sp. < L
- of Jesus Christ or his teachings
- of or professing the religion based on these teachings
- having the qualities demonstrated and taught by Jesus Christ, as love, kindness, humility, etc.
- of or representing Christians or Christianity
- Informal humane, decent, etc.
- Christianly adjective, adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
- Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
- Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
- Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
- Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
- One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
- One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.
Origin: Middle English Cristen, from Old English cristen, from Latin Chrīstiānus, from Chrīstus, Christ; see Christ.
- Chrisˈtian·ly adjective & adv.
, Charlie 1916-1942.