- The definition of a photograph is an image generally taken with a camera.
An example of a photograph is a picture from a wedding.
- To photograph is defined as to take a picture with a camera.
An example of to photograph is to use a camera to take pictures at a birthday party.
Origin of photographphoto- + -graph
- to take a photograph of
- to film ()
- to take photographs
- to appear (as specified) in photographs: to photograph well
verbpho·to·graphed, pho·to·graph·ing, pho·to·graphs
- To practice photography.
- To be the subject for photographs: She photographs well.
(third-person singular simple present photographs, present participle photographing, simple past and past participle photographed)
- To take a photograph of.
- (intransitive) To take photographs.
- (intransitive) To appear in a photograph.
- She photographs well. The camera loves her.