A person looks at old photos.
- The definition of a photo is an image that is taken by camera.
An example of a photo is a picture from a baby's baptism.
- Photo is defined as using or produced by light.
An example of photo used as a prefix is in the word photograph, which is an image taken with the help of light.
Origin of photo-from Classical Greek ph?s (gen. ph?tos), a light: see phosphorus of or produced by light: photograph, photosynthesis
Origin of photo-< photograph photograph, photography: photomicrograph
tr. & intr.v.pho·toed, pho·to·ing, pho·tos
- Light; radiant energy: photosynthesis.
- Photographic: photomontage.
- Photoelectric: photoemission.
Origin of photo-Greek phōto- from phōs phōt-; see bhā-1 in Indo-European roots.
(third-person singular simple present photos, present participle photoing, simple past and past participle photoed)
- To take a photograph.
Shortened form of photograph
- "Oh my gosh!" she said, looking back at the photo to read the statistics.
- The babies in the photo were living beings.
- "We'll have to do some post-photo work," Laurencio said, looking her over.
- The photo was fuzzy and the boy was young, but the eyes - she was sure it was Bordeaux.
- The ultra sound photo brought back a vivid memory of Alex watching the screen as the baby moved in her womb.