- Exposure is defined as the state of being in contact with something or is defined as a condition that can develop from being subject to bad weather.
- When someone introduces you to theatre, this is an example of a situation where you receive exposure to theatre.
- When you are outside for too long in the winter and get sick, this is an example of exposure.
exposure definition by Webster's New World
- an exposing or being exposed; specif., a being exposed to harsh weather conditions without protection
- a location, as of a house, in relation to the sun, winds, etc.: an eastern exposure
- appearance, esp. frequent appearance, before the public, as in the theater, on radio and TV, etc.
- the subjection of a sensitized film or plate to the action of light rays, X-rays, etc.
- a sensitized surface or section of a film for making one picture
- the time during which such a surface or film is exposed
Origin: expos(e) plush -ure
exposure definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or an instance of exposing, as:a. An act of subjecting or an instance of being subjected to an action or an influence: their first exposure to big city life.b. Appearance in public or in the mass media: an actor with much recent exposure in television.c. Revelation, especially of crime or guilt: exposure of graft in county government.d. The act of presenting a body part, especially the genitals, to view: indecent exposure.
- The condition of being exposed, especially to severe weather or other forces of nature: was hospitalized for the effects of exposure.
- A position in relation to climatic or weather conditions or points of the compass: Our house has a southern exposure.
- a. The act of exposing sensitized photographic film or plate.b. A photographic plate or a piece of film so exposed.c. The amount of radiant energy needed to expose a photographic film.
exposure - Business Definition
- Vulnerability to loss. For example, a company with valuable facilities in a foreign country has exposure to political unrest and currency exchange risk.
- The opportunity for potential customers to learn about a product or service.
exposure - Computer Definition
(2) In a camera, the amount of light that reaches the film (analog) or CCD or CMOS sensor (digital). The exposure is achieved by the sum of the shutter speed, aperture (f-stop) and ISO setting. See shutter speed, f-stop and ISO speed.