- Weathering is defined as coping with the effects of changes in climate, environmental conditions or difficult situations.
- When your outdoor furniture begins to get rusty and old because of climate change, this is an example of a time when the furniture is weathering.
- When you make it through a difficult time, this is an example of a time when you might be said to be weathering the storm.
- Archit. a slope built to shed water
- Geol. the destructive physical and chemical effects of the forces of weather on rock surfaces, as in forming soil or sand
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
weathering - Cultural Definition
weathering - Science Definition
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.