Outdoor furniture showing the effects of weathering.
- When your outdoor furniture begins to get rusty and old because of climate change, this is an example of a time when the furniture is weathering.
- When you make it through a difficult time, this is an example of a time when you might be said to be weathering the storm.
- Archit. a slope built to shed water
- Geol. the destructive physical and chemical effects of the forces of weather on rock surfaces, as in forming soil or sand
arch rock formation in the Ennedi Massif, Chad
(countable and uncountable, plural weatherings)
- Present participle of weather.
From Middle English wederyng, equivalent to weather +"Ž -ing.