- Weathering is defined as coping with the effects of changes in climate, environmental conditions or difficult situations.
- When your outdoor furniture begins to get rusty and old because of climate change, this is an example of a time when the furniture is weathering.
- When you make it through a difficult time, this is an example of a time when you might be said to be weathering the storm.
Outdoor furniture showing the effects of weathering.
- Archit. a slope built to shed water
- Geol. the destructive physical and chemical effects of the forces of weather on rock surfaces, as in forming soil or sand
Any of the chemical or mechanical processes by which objects exposed to the weather are worn or broken down.
arch rock formation in the Ennedi Massif, Chad
(countable and uncountable, plural weatherings)
- Present participle of weather.
From Middle English wederyng, equivalent to weather +"Ž -ing.