- the art or process of making leather from hides
- the act of making fair skin brown, as by exposure to the sun
- Informal a severe whipping; flogging
- The art or process of making leather from rawhides.
- a. Darkening of the skin by exposure to the sun.b. Darkening of the skin by various other means such as sprays, lotions, or artificial sunlight.
- Informal A beating; a whipping.
- Present participle of tan.
- The process of making leather, which does not easily decompose, from the skins of animals, which do.