- the act of a person or thing that lashes; specif.,
- a whipping
- a strong rebuke
- Chiefly Brit., Informal a large amount; lots
- the act of fastening or tying with a rope, etc.
- a rope, etc. so used
Something used for securing or binding.
- Something used to tie something or lash it to something.
- The lashings, that were holding the chest to the deck of the storm tossed ship, broke and it went overboard.
- (in the form "lashings of"): plenty of
- Lashings of ginger beer
- The act of one who, or that which, lashes; castigation; chastisement.
- Present participle of lash.
- (Ireland, slang) raining heavily.