- the action of a person who trims
- something used to trim; specif.,
- decoration; ornament
- [pl.] the side dishes of a meal: Thanksgiving turkey with all the trimmings
- [pl.] parts trimmed off
- a beating; thrashing
- a decisive defeat
- a cheating or fleecing
- The act of one that trims.
- Something added as decoration or ornament, especially a band of lace or embroidery on clothing.
- trimmings Accessories; extras: roast turkey with all the trimmings.
- trimmings Scraps or material removed when something is trimmed.
- Informal A sound defeat, beating, or punishment.
- The act of someone who trims.
- I gave a good trimming to my elderly neighbour's hedges.
- Material that is removed by someone trimming something, as a piece of steak.
- He gave the trimmings to the dog under the kitchen table.
- An accompaniment to a meal.
- Christmas dinner with all the trimmings
- (colloquial, dated) A reprimand or chastisting.
- to give a boy a trimming
- Present participle of trim.
- I am helping my elderly neighbour by trimming his hedge.