- a person, thing, machine, etc. that trims
- a beam in a floor frame that receives the ends of headers, as around a stairwell
- Elec. a capacitor or other circuit device designed for tuning
- a. One that trims: a window trimmer.b. A device or machine, such as a lumber trimmer, that is used for trimming.
- One who changes one's opinions, especially in politics, to suit the needs of the moment.
- Electronics A variable component used to make fine adjustments to capacity or resistance.
- Architecture A beam across an opening, such as a hearth, into which the ends of joists can be fitted.
- One who trims, arranges, fits, or ornaments.
- A device used to trim.
- (nautical) a member of the crew who trims the sails.
- Someone who fluctuates between opposing factions, political parties etc., according to current interest.
- (architecture) A beam into which are framed the ends of headers in floor framing, as when a hole is to be left for stairs, or to avoid bringing joists near chimneys.
From trim +"Ž -er.