- Present participle of groom.
(usually uncountable, plural groomings)
- Care for one's personal appearance, hygiene, and clothing.
- The act of teaching someone, often for advancement at work.
- Caring for horses or other animals by brushing and cleaning them.
- The act of attempting to gain the trust of a minor with the intention of having a sexual relationship with him or her.
grooming - Computer Definition
Combining, consolidating and segregating network traffic using devices such as digital cross-connects, add/drop multiplexers and SONET switches. Grooming is a telephone term that typically refers to managing high-capacity lines between central offices, carriers, ISPs and very large corporations rather than subscriber lines (local loops). See digital cross-connect and add/drop multiplexer.