- also called pair of shearssing.
- a pair of scissors, typically a large pair
- any of a number of cutting tools with two pivoted, opposing blades, typically one used as in gardening for pruning or trimming
- any of several large tools or machines used to cut metal, etc. by the scissors action of two opposed cutting edges
- a device used in hoisting, consisting of two or more guyed poles or legs spread at the base and joined at the top to hold hoisting tacklealso shear′legs·
- The tool was once used in the singular
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of shear